Lessons learned from trial and error with Zoe
1. Perhaps using less chicken stock and giving it more often is the ticket! Currently she is getting about 1/3 cup 4 times a day plus her late night snack is another tablespoon or 2 of the gelled version of the stock (usually about 11pm or midnight)
2. Antibiotics (broad spectrum cephalosporin is what we’ve used) as needed when she gets lesions on her feet
3. To treat diarrhea, she is getting Proviable KP from Drs. Fosters and Smith….usually a couple of doses and she is good to go! She also gets unpasteurized goats milk from Answers which has probiotics with every meal
4. The disease waxes and wanes and sometimes there are outbreaks and nothing changed!! (Note to self…..it’s not always my fault!)
5. GOD is good! Even when things aren’t going well, HE is sufficient. I know one day Zoe will leave us, I’m just happy to have been able to have shared what has worked for us during the past year of answered prayers. Not all dogs benefit from the diet changes, but since there is minimal research on hepatocutaneous syndrome, at least there is hope that some dogs have benefited from it!
6. Blessings for 2014!!!